Sunday, October 7, 2012

getting a tiny bit political

The great thing about America is that everyone is able to have their own ideas and views and beliefs and to build their family, home, and life for themselves. Not everything in life is fair, but the that that we all have an opportunity is what is equal and fair about being Americans. We live in the greatest country in the world, and the ability to create a better tomorrow for ourselves is part of what is GREAT about living in America. 

Jay and I are conservative, and very in favor of hands-off government. Jay has built our small business without the slightest bit of help from the government. Truett Cathy built Chick-fil-A with his own hands, hard work, long hours, lots of sleepless nights, dreams, and persistence. He didn't have any help from the government. It works. Hard work and diligence works. 

My Dad came from nothing. Life was tough, but HE built his life and our family. HE built the legacy that he left for me and my brother, and our children. HE did that. I love his success story because it is part of my story and it is part of why I know the value of hard work in my life. 

We had the opportunity to go to the Romney-Ryan 2012 Rally that came to our tiny Virginia town last week. It was a great experience and something we had never been a part of before. Here are a few of our instagram pictures from the night. No matter what your political beliefs are, these kiddos are cute :) 

AND no matter what you think or where you stand the MOST important thing is that we are all American's and we are beyond blessed to have the freedom to Vote in America... so go VOTE on November 6!
Caroline was purposely wearing her Elephant onsie :)
 Caroline's first country music concert - Trace Atkins!

 Kisses from Gram!
 I am terribly in love with this girl!
Thanks for letting me rant on politics a minute. I'm done. Not again anytime soon! But seriously, Caroline thinks you should all go vote! :)




Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh....sunshine girl! What a great night and you my dear wrote a wonderful blog. Love u all

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, love it, Katherine! Especially that last little photo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love this!! We have got to get the two girls together! :)

    ReplyDelete