- My dear, sweet, best friend for life, just got married and now she is Mrs. Lang, and now she has delicious recipes she has been sharing with me and I am totally loving it! She emailed me a recipe for these greek chicken pitas last week and Jay and I totally ate it all up (literally!). Hope you enjoy!
First I made the yogurt sauce. My home-girl Kate Lang just bought tzatziki sauce which I was planning to do until I woke up to the reality of the fact that we live in Waynesboro where the man at the grocery store informed me that he has never heard of anything like that in his entire life. So I moved on made my own sauce and it turned out pretty good!
3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Dill (fresh would be excellent I am sure)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
Combine yogurt, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, dill, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon paprika in a bowl; cover and chill.
- 3 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
Sprinkle chicken with oregano, pepper, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon paprika. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; add chicken, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer chicken to a plate; cover and keep warm.
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 4 (6-inch) pitas, warmed
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
Add onion to pan and cook 7 minutes or until browned; stir frequently. Cut chicken into 1/4-inch-thick slices and return to pan with onion. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Arrange lettuce and tomato evenly over pitas; Cover with chicken and drizzle each with yogurt sauce. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Enjoy!