Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sweet & Spicy Peppers

I know full well that Bell Peppers are not in season quite yet, but this recipe is so dang delicious that I just had to share! Also its time for planting peppers in the garden, right? So thats close enough for me start looking for them to be on sale at the grocery store. Jay and I love spicy food, but if you don't then just hold off on the crushed red pepper. BUT if you do like spicy then I would suggest doubling the crushed red pepper in the recipe... you won't be sorry you did :)1 tsp Olive Oil
3/4 Cup Yellow Bell Pepper
3/4 Cup Orange Bell Pepper
Onion Chopped to taste (or onion flakes work well!)
1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
3/4 Cup Plum Tomato, about 2 (seeded & chopped
Dash of Salt
1 Tbl Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tbl Fresh Basil (or 1 Tbl Dried Basil)

Heat Oil in medium pan over medium heat. Add peppers, onion, crushed red pepper, and garlic to pan. Cook 15 minutes until peppers are tender. Stir in tomato and salt. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 15 minutes or so. Stir occasionally. Add red wine vinegar and Basil. Allow to cook another 5 - 10 minutes.

We LOVE this recipe, and its veggies which my sweet husband isn't usually tricked into enjoying... But this will rock your taste buds I promise.

OH, and by the way I have made this with green or red bell peppers as well, just use what you have... you'll feel resourceful :)

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment