Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter, The UPS dress, and a Very Yummy Pound Cake!

I love Easter. It means spring, and flowers, and bright colors. But mostly I love celebrating my sweet Savior. His Love for us is seriously indescribable and life altering.

"Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous; Sing all you who are upright in heart!" Psalm 32:11

For me Easter is a time to remember why we are able to rejoice all year long. We rejoice because of the cross. And we are glad because of the life that is found in Him. And we sing because he is the author of love. And we are upright in heart because we are allowed to wash our sins away in the blood of a perfect Savior. Thank you Jesus.

And I love celebrating Easter with Family. Especially my dear brother who has a wonderful sense of humor. Yes, Ben informed me as we were walking up the steps in church that if UPS drivers were forced to wear dresses they would in fact wear the exact dress that I currently had on. Then continued the joke with comments like "what has brown done for you" and "I have some packages in my car." All the while lots of nice church people are trying to walk up the stairs and forced to listen sweet Ben's encouraging comments. The poor brown dress is pictured below and you can decide for yourself. I personally would love to be a UPS driver if you were able to dress this cute ;)

Easter also means pound cake with strawberries! Mom and I made a very yummy buttermilk pound cake this Easter. It was simple, light, and a definite must try!
Combine in a Large Mixing Bowl:
1 cup Butter (2 Sticks)
2 cups sugar
4 Eggs
3 Cups Flour
1 Cup Buttermilk
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 Tbs Vanilla
Bake @ 350 for 1 hour in a greased Fluted Pan
Glaze:
1/4 Cup Buttermilk
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Sugar
Boil for 5 minutes. Poke holes all over top of cake. Pour glaze over cake while still hot. Allow cake to cool completely then remove from pan. Enjoy with LOTS of strawberries! This is how Bella enjoyed her Easter... pulling mom's weeds out of the yard. She has yet to pull grass, so mom is enjoying it as well.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment