Sunday, January 23, 2011

a yummy oatmeal recipe from my mama

My mom sent me this delicious, easy, and healthy, baked oatmeal recipe a few weeks ago, and I wanted to share. Jay even has enjoyed it for breakfast a few mornings (despite the fact he initially thought it was a girly food) 

Baked Oatmeal
1 1/2 C. Old Fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 C. unsweetened almond milk
1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
1/4 C chopped dried apricots
1/4 C chopped dates or raisins
1/4 C chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350. Put all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well. Transfer to 8x8 baking dish that has been lightly rubbed w/ olive oil. Pour oatmeal mixture into the dish and bake 45-50 min. or until slightly browned and crispy on top.  Yield 6 servings (serving size 2 sq.) You can spread a little honey on each serving if you want. This recipe can be doubled and bake in a 9x13 casserole dish. 



I also think it would be really good to try with dried cherries, or golden raisins. 

Happy Sunday!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love the new font!! I might have to change mine too (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Glad u liked it. We got to keep u both healthy wealthy and wise because u have lots yet to do.

    ReplyDelete