Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Jesus Calling

Does anyone else read the Jesus Calling daily devotional by Sarah Young? It is totally rocking my world! Mom gave it to me for Christmas and each morning it has given me a short and sweet little paragraph that leaves me thinking, and speaking with God all day long. If you are unfamiliar, Sarah write each devotion as if Jesus is writing you a love letter or speaking directly to you. So when it says Me, Jesus is referring to Himself. The following little exert if from today. 
"True dependence is not simply asking Me(Jesus) to bless what you have decided to do. It is coming to Me with an open mind and heart, inviting Me to plant My desires within you. I may infuse within you a dream that seems far beyond your reach. You know that in yourself you cannont achieve such a goal. Thus begins your journey to profound reliance on Me. This is not a path of continual success but of multiple failures, However, each failure is followed by a growth spurt, nourished by increased reliance on Me. Enjoy the blessedness of a victorious life, through deepening your dependence on Me." 
How encouraging is that? All Jesus asks is for an open mind and heart. He desires to work in us, and if we are still here on this earth then he has huge things to accomplish through our lives. We were not made for the mundane or the boring. We were created to dream huge dreams that ONLY can be realized when we allow Jesus to walk beside us {or carry us} through the journey He has destined us for. AND, on top of that, failure does not make us failures, it simply teaches us humility and dependence on God.

I don't know about you but as a woman, I sure need to let go of a lot more things and allow myself to depend a little more on God. It always turns out better than when I try to plan and schedule and organize and prioritize myself into a crazy comma.

If it is true that victory and blessing come from dependence on Jesus then please Lord continue teaching me dependence on You. Allow me to fail until I learn that nothing is worthwhile apart from You. 
"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." - Psalm 34: 17-19

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment