Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 8, 2011

This is my dear friend Katie...

... and January 8, 2011 will be her anniversary! 

Today she is marrying Aaron and becoming Mrs. Katherine Ann Schultz! 

Katie, since I can't be with you at your wedding celebration today, I wanted to let you know that I love you, and am blessed to have you as a friend. You are going to be a beautiful bride and an even more gorgeous wife. Aaron is lucky to have you. Marriage is so different that anything else in this entire world, but it is so very rewarding. I know you, and I know you will step into this new phase of your life adventure with the same grace-filled confidence that you embrace each new step in your life with. 
 You have been such a huge encouragement to me throughout our friendship and I so badly wish I could be there to give you a big hug before you walk down the isle... but know that I am praying for you, and supporting you, and loving you all the way from virginia as you GET MARRIED!
 I know I have only been married for 2 years, and Jay and I have so, so, so much to learn, but I wanted to give you my very limited marriage advice...Celebrate the big stuff and let the little stuff go. Life is seriously wayyy too short to get upset about stuff you will not even remember in a month. Don't let the little annoying things turn into something huge. Instead spend the energy and time rejoicing in all the things you love about Aaron {cliche I know, but seriously spend more time celebrating your marriage}. Laugh a lot. Work together to accomplish your goals. God has given you each other to be each others biggest encouragers, so take advantage of living with your best friend :)

 Katie, thank you for being you! I am confident that God is going to do huge things through yours and Aaron's lives. I love you and can't wait to celebrate again with you in April.

HAPPY WEDDING DAY my sweet friend!


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. What a great tribute to a good friend! Great job!

    ReplyDelete