Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Two Year Celebration!

Jay and I were blessed to be able to get away for 4 days and celebrate our 2 year anniversary last week. It was wonderful to have time just to ourselves! We both love to travel and thrive on new experiences and on seeing new parts of God's creation. We knew this anniversary trip would have be a shorter one so we decided to drive down to the Outer Banks.
We rented a condo on the beach and it was perfect! This was our view off the porch.
We visited the wright brothers memorial and museum at Kitty Hawk. It was neat to see where the first flight took place and to think back on our engagement airplane flight :)
We climbed to the top of the Cape Hatteras Light House. Its the tallest lighthouse in the united states, and y'all that is 256 steps. Now, for this terrified of hights girl it was a big accomplishment. We got inside the lighthouse and climbed about 5 steps and I looked at Jay and said no way in heck I am making it to the top. The stairs were not enclosed and you could look over the railing straight to the bottom. My sweet, encouraging, and oh so practical husband says. "Katherine, we paid $7 and i will walk behind you and you will make it to the top."
And we did make it to the top and the view as gorgeous. The far point if the actual Cape Hatteras.

We had fun remising on the many joys and challenges and accomplishments of the past 2 years. We both agreed that there is no way that we would have ever imagined our lives to have turned out quite like they have... but thats the fun in the adventure, and the security in knowing that God is in control of our every step.
We took lots of sunset pictures and enjoyed being outside. The beach in the fall is the best.





"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" -Jeremiah 29:11

This is my favorite picture from our trip. I love this sweet man that I chose to walk beside for the rest of my life. Marriage is a challenge for sure, but I love my Husband, and I love my God more, and my heart desires to honor and please them both. God has prospered our lives and our marriage. He has promised a hope and a future and we are excited to see what that future holds together. So bring on the adventures! We have lots more memories to make as we continue our little journey into year three.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment