Friday, October 1, 2010

Mom's visit & a little touch of fall to our home!

I LOVE fall. Definitely my favorite season. I love the colors and the changing leaves. I love that I married my sweet husband in the fall. And I love college football, and apples and apple pie! And my list could go on and on, and on... with that said, i just had to do a little bit of fall decorating to our home. To be honest we have invested very little in the decoration of our town home. We have been in Virginia for 4 1/2 months so far and decorating our rental property has simply not been the focus. I keep telling myself one day soon we will have rooms with walls that belong to us that I can paint! And paint them orange if my heart desires ;)

For now I am content decorating my little mantle for fall. My sweet mama bought me a few cute fall decorations and helped me mix them with a few things I already had.




Mom and Jay and I also went to a pumpkin patch out in Nelly's Ford, VA. as you may have originally guessed, this pretty little pumpkin house is about the only thing in Nelly's Ford. They had lots of pumpkins and lots of beautiful mums. I did lots of wishful thinking about a garden and a yard and then I remembered God that again God is teaching me patience and contentment though not yet being a home owner. A few of our great finds and they are all straight from God's creation. Each one is so different. And here is where they now reside as a center piece for our kitchen table. (now all that kitchen table needs is a fresh, hot apple pie... my simple, delicious recipe will be posted in the coming days!)
And my sweet mama. I love our times together! She is so wonderful, and I feel blessed to have her support and to have her only a few hours away! Thanks for coming for a visit mama :)

How are you enjoying fall?

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment