Monday, March 15, 2010

my definition of a perfect sunday

Jay and I love (and really adore is a better description) Sundays. It is our day, our day of rest, and Jay's day to not think about chicken, or cooking chicken, or selling chicken. This past sunday we slept in and went out to breakfast -- sweet potato pancakes will rock your world. I DEFINITELY suggest trying them, and they are heart healthy, which is never a bad thing!

And the rest of the day continued to prove as simple and perfect. Jay laid on the sofa watching basketball, and I got a whole afternoon in the kitchen. It was glorious! Since we only have a week left in oklahoma I was attempting to use up all the leftover ingredients from our fridge and pantry. This is a pretty sight... and it was only the beginning of a very messy and beautiful kitchen. I had all the ingredients and a frozen pie shell that was begging to be used, so I made my mama's famous chocolate pie. Its quick, easy, and simply delicious. Try it on a lazy sunday afternoon:
1 cup of Sugar
1 Stick of Butter / Margarine
1/4 Cup Cocoa
1/4 Cup Flour
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs
Cream the butter and sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until smooth. Pour into pie shell and bake @ 350 for 30ish minutes (until firm!) Tastes like a brownie pie or heaven :)
I also made pioneer woman's chicken spaghetti. Its spicy, and yummy, and easy, and waiting to be consumed in your household!

And we ended the day with another gorgeous oklahoma sunset. God is beautiful.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Really love the push for heart healthy followed up with by the Chocolate pie recipe!! Plan on trying both by the way!! AND...Pioneer Woman is my favorite!! Be safe moving...we will keep you in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacy.... i figure if i get my heart healthy pancakes (covered in butter and syrup no doubt) consumed in the morning then i have deserved chocolate pie! haha :)

    ReplyDelete