Friday, February 3, 2012

Prayers for you Baby Girl: "I don't want you to be good"

I have always admired and respected Lysa TerKeurst of Proverbs 31 ministries. I love her blog and her heart for people. She is also married to a Chick-fil-A Operator in Charlotte, NC. I have followed her blog for several years and am continually encouraged by her wisdom and honesty.

A couple of days ago I came across her post about not wanting to raise a good child. I also saw it on my friend Meagan's blog. I read this post several times and have read it out loud to Jay and just can't seem to get it off my heart. So if you are a Mama, or a Mama to be like me, or if you think you ever want to be a Mama read this and let me know what you think.

Baby Girl...

My prayer for you these past couple of days is that you are not a "good" child in the world's eyes or even in your mama's eyes. I want you to be a child of your heavenly Father. I want you to be great in His Holy and Perfect eyes, and I want you to accomplish amazing things for His Kingdom, and I want you to figure out what that looks like for your life in His timing.

My prayer for myself is that as your Mama I let you be a naked fountain jumping kiddo. Not that I am encouraging such exact behavior, but I want you to be independent and to explore and to love the journey of life. Lord give me the grace to laugh at such experiences and to continue to teach me what being a humble Mama looks like

I am pretty confident, that based on the fact that your sweet daddy was most definitely a Naked Fountain Jumping kind of kid, that you will most likely give this neat and tiddy, and organization loving mama a run for her money. And I pray that God gives me the grace to remember that He is in control and not me. That he has plans for your life that I don't know about, and that He will make you Great. I will simply be blessed to be your Mom and strive to teach you what it means to daily follow Him.

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." - John 8:12

Walk in the Light precious Baby Girl. Embrace the abundance. Enjoy the journey and adventure of life.

Love, your Mama


Y'all also check out this cute little girl and her Birthday Challenge. What a neat little girl... I bet she was a Naked Fountain Jumping toddler too :) It makes my heart smile! 


Happy Weekend friends!




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment