Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Love for Apple Pie

I LOVE apple pie. I love all sweets, but hot, fresh, homemade apple pie is definitely one of my favorite things. Ever.

Its been a couple weeks now, but Jay and I spent a beautiful Sunday afternoon picking apples up at Carter Mountain Orchard near Charlottesville, VA. We had a much better, much safer experience compared to last year when mom & I were attacked by 20 some enraged hornets. That was a very painful, very swollen apple picking experience that involved me running through the orchard in my bra to escape the nasty swarm of apple tree loving hornets. Luckily for my arms' sake Jay and I simply enjoyed picking apples and eating apple cider doughnuts. My Apple Pie Recipe is super simple, very basic, and from my dear friend and college roommate nicole. I think the first time I made it was with her for one of our college Thanksgiving feasts. I was lucky enough to make it with my sweet friend Haley (who also shares a passion for cooking apples pies with me!) during our clemson friends lake weekend.
Nicole's Apple Pie:
2 Homemade pie crusts (or use the Pillsbury roll out crusts... they are very yummy, and save quite a bit of time.)
6 Apples (I use whatever apples I have on hand)
3/4 Cup of Sugar
Lots of Cinnamon to taste
5 - 7 tablespoons of Butter
Roll out Pie crust onto a greased round pie dish. Place peeled and sliced into wedges onto crust. Pour sugar over apples. Sprinkle a very liberal amount of cinnamon on top. Place squares of butter, spaced evenly, over apples and sugar. Cover with another pie crust. Sprinkle top with cinnamon & sugar mix. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, and then turn down to 350 degrees and cook an additional 45 minutes. Enjoy it by itself, or with vanilla ice cream, or heck, even for breakfast :)

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment