Thursday, July 18, 2013

My New Love: Chalk Paint!

Have y'all tried chalk paint? OMG, its fabulous. No sanding, no priming. Just painting, and then playing. We like that in our house.... the getting right to the playing part. 

A sweet friend gave me a little, old table and chairs for miss caroline. It was the perfect thing to jumpstart my thoughts for a little person playroom. That is still the works, but the table and chairs are finished, and caroline is already loving them!

Here is what they looked like before:
I painted a coat of gray on the chairs to start. I wanted them to have gray under tones instead of the brown of the original oak chair. 

This is how they turned out:
There were exposed screw holes on the sides, and I found these fun colorful buttons at Michaels and hot-glued them over the holes. Love the punch of color!
Caroline enjoys climbing up and down because they are the perfect size for her to maneuver independently. 
I used CeCe Caldwell's Chalk paint and Satin finish over top. It worked great, and is mineral based, VOC free, no oder, so easy to clean up, washes out easy with water... basically the perfect paint. Did I mention you don't have to sand off old finishes or paint. AMAZING!

I used two sample size containers of Carolina yellow and two of Seattle mist gray for a total of $36. Which is a little more pricy than regular paint or acrylic, but it is so worth it because it was that easy! And our table was free, so 36 dollars sounds awesome :)
Have you found and fallen in love with chalk paint? Give it a try! 




Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Love love the final project as much as Miss C does! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete