Wednesday, August 18, 2010

extra spicy homemade salsa!

So back in May I decided to try my very first ever tiny garden in pots. Back in May I was rather doubtful that I would be able to avoid over watering my herbs and jalapenos, but I said a little prayer and God answered... and I grew lots and lots of jalapenos!

With my plentiful harvest of little green jalapenos I decided to make up a recipe for homemade salsa:
1 can whole Tomatoes
2 cans Rotel
1/4 cup Onion, chopped
1 whole Lime juiced
2 Jalapeno Peppers, sliced very thin
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Cumin
2 cloves Garlic, minced
Lots of Cilantro!

Throw it all in a food processor and pulse about 10 times

Then let your sweet husband have a try...

And then he will probably make faces like this and say "why do you think you its a good idea to take pictures of me while I eat?"

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment