Saturday, May 24, 2014

Baby James is 1 Month!

Well the past month has officially flown by at warp speed. I knew it would. And somehow my tiny baby boy is now close to 9 lbs and about out of newborn diapers and clothes. I think I am squishing your little toes in them for one more week though because I'm just not ready. There is just something that transition from newborn to 3 month clothes that just makes me sad. I know, he is still my tiny baby, but this time around I also know how fast he is going to grow, and I am treasuring every second of his sleepy snuggles.

Speaking of snuggles, James you are the cuddliest little guy. You are happy and content as long as you are being held {preferably upright on mama's chest}... so thank goodness for baby wearing and the Moby Wrap! I also just got a new wrap for the summer and we are in love. It is the Solly Baby wrap. I would DEFINITELY recommend. It is just as secure as the Moby but much thinner, and a more lightweight fabric. It also folds smaller which is nice, and has been perfect so far!
We had a fun little, quick 1 month photo shoot in the elephant chair. James, you weren't too thrilled about being laid down flat, but thanks for cooperating for about 3 minutes.
We want you to know that we are beyond thrilled and blessed that you are a part of our family. Your sister adores her "Bubba" or "Bubs" as she calls you. She wants to kiss you constantly and sing Old McDonald to you over and over. Sister tells me thats your favorite. At this rate I am pretty sure you will know that song by heart before you can even talk. She is just the best, and I am thankful that you have her.

You have fallen right in step with our family, and we are thankful for your laid back, go-with-the-flow  little personality. We really have only ever seen you upset when you are hungry. You do love to eat for sure, and have nursed like a champ! You are pretty adamant about filling your belly every two hours during the day and about every 4 hours at night. James, you also like your bath, but just hate to be cold, and I can't blame you there. And you are so strong. You hold your head up off our shoulder and seem to want to "look around"... I think you're just trying to keep up with busy bee sister.
James, Mommy and Daddy are continuing to pray that you grow big and strong, and healthy. We know that God has big plans for your life, and we are thankful to get to be a part of your story and journey from the beginning. We love you little man, and are already your biggest fans. Thanks for a great first month. We adore you!




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment